SMUN Employment Support Services
Our team of employment counsellors / job developers are available to assist people with disabilities to attain and retain employment.
A wide range of services and support is tailored specifically to meet individual needs and employment goals, both traditional and self-employment pathways.
- Individuals who are 18 years of age or older who qualify for ODSP-ES
- An individual does not need to be receiving ODSP income to qualify
- Active participation in seeking, securing, and maintaining employment through collaboration is expected
What do we do?
- Develop customized employment plans with clients based on their individual needs
- Career decision making and exploration: identifying strengths, skills, interests and labour market conditions
- Job search strategies and opportunities: Self marketing, employer outreach
- Skill enhancement: pre-employment, job trials, placement, training, and on the job coaching
- Support and exploration of alternative income opportunities including self-employment–owning and operating your own business