Changes to help minimize the spread of Novel Coronavirus:
• Opening and closing times of the Drop-in Center will be posted as available
• No sit-in lunches on weekends but lunch bags will be distributed.
• All gatherings & events cancelled at both 17 Gale Cr. & 203 Church St.
• Increased hand washing, sanitizing and use of disposable utensils.
• Mail Pick-up at 17 Gale Crescent: Monday to Friday between 1 & 2 pm
Please join us once again for our annual Coldest Night of the Year fundraising walk on February 22nd, 2020. This year’s goal is $150,000 and we can reach it with your help. This fun, family-friendly walking fundraiser helps Start Me Up Niagara assist the hungry, homeless and hurting in our community. Walkers can opt for a 2, 5 or 10 km route.
Street News, our community newspaper, conveys Voices from the Streets—a paper by and for those living close to the streets.
Each exciting issue is packed full with News, Information, Stories, Poetry, Photography and Art.
The latest edition of Street News, is now available online. Read it today.
Start Me Up Niagara resumes operating the Out of the Cold overnight shelter program for the Winter 2019–20 season on Nov 3rd, 2019. Out of the Cold offers a hot meal with the option of a bed for the night. The meal and bed are provided at separate locations and meal locations vary by day of the week. See schedule for details or call 211 for locations.
Walk with us on Saturday, February 22, 2020 in the Coldest Night of the Year, a fantastically fun, family-friendly walking fundraiser that raises money for the hungry, homeless and hurting in over 100 communities across Canada. Help us achieve our 2020 fundraising goal of $150,000.