In an effort to raise awareness and take measures to minimize the spread of the Novel Coronavirus, Start Me Up Niagara has taken some actions to assist all participants, volunteers and staff.
We are committed to the health and well-being of the community, while continuing to deliver essential services and support to those who need it.
We have and will continue to communicate with clients on alternative services available in the City of St. Catharines, including all factual information released by reliable sources.
SMUN is staying up to date with Niagara Region Public Health and taking into account all guidelines, protocols and procedures applied at shelters and drop-in centres across the province.
Some changes at SMUN:
- Opening and closing times of the Drop-in Centre at 17 Gale Crescent will be posted as available
- No sit-in lunches on weekends; lunch bags will be distributed instead
- Cancelled gatherings & events at either of the 2 locations (17 Gale Crescent and 203 Church Street)
- Increase and facilitate handwashing, sanitizing and continue to use disposable utensils
- Mail Pick-up at 17 Gale Crescent: Monday to Friday between 1 & 2 pm
We will continue to do our best to keep you up to date as we monitor this situation and respond accordingly!
Thank you for your support and cooperation. We are all in this together.
Start Me Up Niagara