Start Me Up Niagara delivers overnight emergency hostel services based on the Out of the Cold model from November 1 to April 15 each year. Start Me Up is hiring a full-time program coordinator to operate the program.
35 hours per week. Flexibly scheduled and will include days and evenings. Immediate start date. End date April 15, 2021 with possible extension to April 2023. Salary range $ 22- $ 25 per hour
1. Working with community partners
2. Staffing, scheduling, training, supervision
3. Data collection. Tracking.
4. Provision of services
5. Oversight of operations
7. Writing protocols and monitoring
8. Participation – committees, meetings
* Experience working with individuals experiencing homelessness and living in congregated settings/ emergency hostel.
* Demonstrated understanding of relational model of services and advocacy experience.
* Understanding of shelter diversion, low barrier access, Housing First principles.
* Strong computer and data collection skills.
* Understanding of privacy of information laws and confidentiality of information.
* Ability to build positive working relationships with diverse community partners.
* Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
* Experience in management or leadership positions.
* Flexible, adaptable, positive outlook, passionate.
Required: Post-Secondary Degree. 5 Plus years experience in social services or related field at team lead level. Access to vehicle. Will require acceptable vulnerable sector check and drivers abstract.
Closes Monday September 7, 2020, apply by sending email including cover letter and resume. [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Start Me Up Niagara strives for meaningful employment from all communities and for its team to reflect the diversity of the communities it serves. First Nations, people of colour, and people across spectrums of gender, sexuality, age, and abilities are encouraged to apply. Start Me Up Niagara thanks all applicants for their interest in this position, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please note that only people who will be interviewed for the position will be contacted. Start Me Up Niagara welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.