Employment Support Worker
As an Employment Support Worker, you will work as part of a team to assist individuals who are eligible for Employment Supports through the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) to find and keep a job or start and grow a business.
- Offer individualized support to set and achieve employment goal
- Use a strength based approach to goal setting and career development
- Provide holistic support to identify and remediate barriers to employment
- Maintain case notes and complete other documentation required by program
- Offer full range of traditional employment services to individuals with traditional employment goal i.e. resume writing, job matching, interview skills, employer engagement and retention support
- Offer full range of self employment services to individuals with a self employment goal e. feasibility study, business planning, implementation and business skill development
- Deliver workshops and information sessions
- Advocate for inclusion of people with disabilities in the labour force
The successful candidate is a confident, non-judgmental, energetic, and persistent team player who has:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma with courses in Vocational Rehabilitation, Employment Development
- Solid understanding of disability related issues and accommodations
- Experience delivering client focused and directed services
- Solid knowledge of community resources
- Experience in traditional/self employment development
- Ability to manage caseload, maintain electronic records and case notes
- Optimistic, energetic, persistent with demonstrated creative problem solving ability and sales skills
- Team player. Willingness to learn and go the extra mile.
- Proficiency in French an asset
Additional Requirements: Willing to transport clients in personal vehicle and have access to a safe road worthy vehicle during working hours. A driver’s abstract acceptable to SMUN, proof of $ 2,000,000 vehicle liability coverage and a vulnerable persons’ police clearance certificate will be requested after the job offer.
Location: St. Catharines
Hours: 70 hours over two-week period.
Start Date: ASAP Term: One year with possibility of renewal
Starting salary: tbd, health benefits after 90 days
Applications by 4:30 p.m. March 2, 2018 to email@example.com
Start Me Up Niagara thanks all who apply for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us.
Start Me Up Niagara
WORKING TOGETHER… MOVING FORWARD
17 Gale Crescent, St Catharines ON L2R 3K8
www.startmeupniagara.cament process, please contact us.