Position: HOUSING RETENTION COACH
Work directly with individuals who have experienced housing instability to retain housing.
The Housing Retention Coach will:
- Assist individuals by providing in-home supports including set up, cleaning, meal preparation, shopping, laundry, and other tasks as required.
- Coach individuals to assume responsibility for maintaining their own homes.
- Monitor wellbeing of individuals and connect them to support in the community.
- Work as part of a housing team under the direction of the housing lead.
- Positive, non-judgemental, confident attitude with demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- A strong passion for ending homelessness
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
- Working knowledge of prevention and diversion methods
- Comprehensive knowledge of community resources and services
- Degree in human services, PSW, or diploma with additional related experience.
- Valid driver’s license and use of own vehicle
- Current Vulnerable Persons Police Clearance
- Minimum 2 years of experience working directly with people who have complex needs
- Case management experience including maintenance of case files and privacy protocols
- Experience working in a community setting
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
1 year contract with a strong possibility of renewal, 35 hours a week. Varied schedule.
Applications accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org until Tuesday September 20, 2017
SMUN thanks all who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.