Employment Support Worker
As the Employment Support Worker, you will work directly with individuals who are on ODSP to achieve their employment and self-employment goals:
- Work directly with individuals to explore employment and self-employment goals
- Case management and documentation that adheres to government requirements
- Assist participants with resumes and skill building
- Facilitating job placements and supporting participants in employment and self-employment
- Focusing on career exploration, and securing employment and/or training
- Delivering workshops, training, and information sessions
- Regular outreach and relationship building to employers with the goal of developing job opportunities with employers.
The successful candidate is a confident, non-judgmental, energetic, and persistent team player who has:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma
- Knowledge of mental health and addiction issues
- Understanding of client focused and directed service
- Solid knowledge about community resources
- Demonstrated creative problem solving ability
- Experience in social services or related field
- Ability to organize caseload, maintain records and case notes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ease with a diverse population
- Team player
- Willingness to go the extra mile.
Additional Requirements: Willing to transport clients in personal vehicle and have access to a safe road worthy vehicle during working hours. A driver’s abstract acceptable to SMUN, proof of $ 2,000,000 vehicle liability coverage and a vulnerable persons’ police clearance certificate will be requested after the job offer.
Location: St. Catharines
Hours: 70 hours over two-week period.
Start Date: ASAP Term: One year with possibility of renewal
Starting salary: tbd, health benefits after 90 days
Applications by November 11, 2018 to email@example.com
Start Me Up Niagara thanks all who apply for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us.
Start Me Up Niagara
WORKING TOGETHER… MOVING FORWARD
17 Gale Crescent, St Catharines ON L2R 3K8